The educational sessions were initiated at the occasion of the 10th anniversary meeting and are now an integral part of the two-day formula.
In 2011, the aim was to provide a concise overview of a number of concepts that lie at the basis of much of the science being presented during the presentations at the conference. Thus, those involved in spectroscopy, got to learn more about the basis of imaging and vice versa.
In 2012 our invited speakers, Dr. Marina Bennati and Dr. Melinda Duer, presented tutorial lectures on Dynamic Nuclear Polarisation and Solid State NMR respectively.
This year, we are happy to announce that our invited speakers, Bruno Kieffer (Department of Integrated Structural Biology, IGBMC, Strasbourg) and Robert Muller (NMR and Molecular Imaging Laboratory, University of Mons, Mons) will deliver the tutorial sessions on Relaxation to probe macromolecular interactions and Relaxation in MRI, respectively.
The notes of most educational presentations are still available through download below.
- NMR basics: spectroscopy - relaxation - 2D NMR spectroscopy and its application for structure analysis (J. Martins)
- Intermolecular interactions as seen by NMR: chemical exchange (G. Lippens, not yet available)
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (S. Van Doorslaer)
- MRI for dummies: part 1 (U. Himmelreich)
- MRI for dummies: part 2 (B. Gallez)